Partner / Creative Director
Shannon Stull Carrus is both an ad agency and in-house agency expert with extensive experience in brand strategy, creative direction, and copywriting. She’s also pretty entertaining.
25 Interesting Facts About Shannon (in her own words):
- I am 6 feet tall, but I’ll still rock some stilettos.
- I have double-jointed thumbs. (See picture)
- I am distantly related to Pocahontas
- Growing up, my dad was a college football coach. Check out the ESPN retrospective of his famous 5th Down Controversy game.
- I once created a video installation for an art show in Paris.
- My business partner is also my husband.
- I once won a contest for writing Bacon Haiku (See picture).
- I eloped in Hawaii (See picture).
- More than 3,500 people saw a nude painting of me at the 2010 Orlando Nude Nite Art Happening. And to those people, I apologize!
- I am a University of Texas Longhorn. Hook ’em!
- Cupcakes are my biggest weakness.
- My husband has 13 tattoos, but I have none.
- I am a guest columnist for HOW Magazine.
- My favorite movie is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
- I sing a mean broadway tune in a karaoke bar.
- I’ve visited 9 countries on 2 continents. I consider this number way too low.
- I have at least one friend in almost every major US city.
- I am happiest by the sea.
- Electrocuting my tongue was the dumbest thing I’ve ever done.
- I am a blond by nature (see #19), but a redhead at heart.
- My Betty Boop impression freaks people out every time. (Ask me to do it if we meet.)
- I hate to exercise but I love to dance.
- I’ve been called a smart ass on more than one occasion.
- I was once hired as a copywriter because my writing didn’t “sound like a woman wrote it.” Whatever that means.
- Fair warning: I hug everybody.